My name is Brendan Reid and I've made every career mistake in the book. But as a result of a lot of hard work and some great mentors, I've been able to overcome these mistakes and achieve many of the career goals I set out for myself. I'm now an executive at one of the largest software companies in the country. If you check out my book, Stealing the Corner Office, you can read about all the missteps and miscalculations I made along the way.
I'm very passionate about helping people get the most out of their careers. My goal is to help you avoid the mistakes I made so you can find success faster than I did. In my blog i give advice for finding jobs, getting promotions, improving your skills, and navigating difficult workplace situations. I also offer 1 on 1 career coaching and have an amazing group clients from all over the world that I work with.
Unlike most business bloggers and authors who focus on the conventional side of business and career management, I like to talk about the unconventional stuff. The real techniques (good and bad) people use to get ahead and stay ahead.
When i'm not working, writing or coaching, I'm with my family. I live in Toronto and spend as much time as possible with my loved ones.
Here are some articles I've written if you want to get a feel for my perspective.
- Business Week: What You Can Learn From Incompetent Executives
- Fast Company: 5 Things You Can Do Tomorrow to Get on the Career Fast Track
- School For Start-ups: 15 minute radio interview with host Jim Beach
- Careerealism: 3 Strategies For (Finally) Winning that Big Promotion
- Media Bistro: "Stealing the Corner Office" Author shares 3 Unconventional Tactics
- American Management Association: 3 Management Lessons I Learned From the Worst Manager I Know
- Thought Leaders LLC: Don't Hold People Accountable - Help Them Instead
- NY Post: How to Handle Every Co-worker at Your Holiday Party
- Payscale.com: 3 Ways to Get Out of a Career Rut
Here is a video clip from a recent keynote I did if you want to hear my thoughts on the job market today.